Link to more photos
We were honored to meet with Ohio Medicaid Director Maureen Corcoran on Friday, April 19, 2019.
- Sonja Nelson and Alex Romstedt of the Columbus Metropolitan Housing Authority
- Katana Waters and Cloe Cooper of the CSCC Scholar Network
- Samantha Dillon, Vice President of the OHIO Youth Advisory Board
- ACTION Ohio members: Jessica Camargo and Lisa Dickson
- Alumni advocate Laquita Howell and her son Ralph
Our discussion focused on:
- Barriers to Medicaid access for former foster youth, and proposed solutions to address this perennial problem
- The need for a support staff person for Scholar House III
We also suggested that the state of Ohio could create a review panel of medical professionals, including trauma-informed child psychiatrists, to address questions and concerns regarding foster care children and teens and whether the treatment and medications they are prescribed are clinically appropriate.