Every year, Foster Care Alumni of America's Ohio chapter holds a Thanksgiving event for foster care youth, alumni, adult supporters and ally organizations.
This November, we are holding THREE Thanksgiving events:
- To overcome transportation barriers, so that more foster care youth/alumni can attend
- To continue building up regional networks to Connect & Transform
- To truly hold a statewide celebration that reaches as many foster care youth and alumni as possible
1.) SOUTHWEST OHIO THANKSGIVING
The Southwest Ohio Thanksgiving will take place in Cincinnati:
- Sunday, November 14, 2010, from noon - 3 pm
- The Phoenix, 812 Race Street, Cincinnati OH 45202
Sponsors include: Cincinnati Works, Dave Thomas Foundation for Adoption, Bob Mecum of Lighthouse Youth Services and Richter & Phillips Jewelers
2.) NORTHEAST OHIO THANKSGIVING
The Northeast Ohio Thanksgiving will take place in Cleveland:
- Saturday, Nov. 20, 2010, from 1-3 pm
- Antioch Baptist Church, 8869 Cedar Ave., Cleveland OH 44016
Sponsors include: Cuyahoga County Children Services, Village Network
3.) CENTRAL/SOUTHEAST OHIO THANKSGIVING
The Central/Southeast Ohio Thanksgiving will take place in Columbus:
- Sunday, Nov. 21, 2010, from 1-5:30 pm
- Schneider Multi-purpose Room, 1 College & Main, Capital University, Bexley OH
Sponsors include: Capital University ROTC: Crusader Battalion, Kappa Sigma Upsilon, Village Network, Starr Commonwealth and Franklin County Children Services.
Please stay tuned for additional details....