|Link to more photos|
In 2020, Ohio will be facilitating multiple trips to DC in order to continue to support and celebrate FYI vouchers, and to seek to #BringFSHOHome
Our February trip included:
- Meeting with Heather Zenone, Senior Policy Director for Representative Karen Bass of the Congressional Caucus on Foster Youth
- Dinner with Chris Patterson, Regional Administrator at U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development Region IX
- Meeting at HUD Headquarters with Danielle Bastarache, Director of HUD’s Housing Choice Voucher program, and others
- Meetings with Senator Sherrod Brown (D-OH), Senator Rob Portman (R-OH), Senator Mike Crapo (Idaho) and Senator Chuck Grassley (Iowa) who introduced the Senate version of the Fostering Stable Housing Opportunities Act
- Meeting with the National Association of Housing and Redevelopment Officials
- Participation in the 2nd annual National Association of Realtors Conference
- Participation in an Open House at the national headquarters of the Children’s Defense Fund
Please visit this link to learn more about the history of the Fostering Stable Housing Opportunities Act.
We welcome foster care youth, alumni and allies from throughout the nation to take the time to write letters of support to your U.S. Senator and sign the online petition for this national opportunity.