Link to video that shares HUD's plans for moving FYI forward.
ACTION Ohio and the National Center for Housing and Child Welfare were honored to work with Rosa Ailabouni, Senior Advisor to the Regional Administrator, HUD Region V to help plan a virtual roundtable on May 28, 2020.
Youth Speaker Bios:
- Former foster youth Ciara Richey received an FUP voucher at age 21, which made it possible for her to continue to pursue higher education. She is currently working two jobs and attending Ohio University Zanesville. She is close to receiving a Bachelor's degree in Criminal Justice, after which she plans to enter the Columbus Police Academy in order to become a private detective.
- Former foster youth Desaray Lavery works full-time at Arby's. She will be using an FYI voucher to move into her new apartment next month. The new apartment is close to her job, and will allow her to have a dog and work as a groomer.
Additional Speakers During the Roundtable:
- Joseph Galvan, Regional Administrator, US Dept of Housing and Urban Development, Region V
- Elizabeth Darling, Commissioner, Administration on Children, Youth and Families (ACYF) U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
- Kara Wente, Assistant Director of Health and Human Services at the Ohio Department of Job and Family Services
- Chris Patterson, Regional Administrator, US Dept of Housing and Urban Development, Region IX
- Joaquin Cintron Vega, President and CEO, Lucas Metropolitan Housing Authority
- Sonja Nelson, Assistant Vice President of Resident Initiatives, Columbus Metropolitan Housing Authority
- Cassie Snyder, Associate Director of Youth Transition Services, Franklin County Children Services
- Brianna Moore, Social Service Worker, Portage County Job and Family Services
- Travena Kaminski, Section 8 Assistant Manager, Portage County Housing Authority